Brentwood Los Angeles is a district on the Westside of LA. The district is located at the base of the Santa Monica Mountains, bounded by the San Diego Freeway on the east, Wilshire Boulevard on the south, the Santa Monica city limits on the southwest, the border of Topanga State Park on the west and Mulholland Drive along the ridgeline of the mountains on the north.
Whether you’re buying or selling, talk to me first! As a Palisades resident as well as your neighborhood real estate professional at Stanford Raffles Realty, with emphasis in Brentwood, I can answer important questions for you such as: What is the value of your home in today’s market? Is now a good time to buy or sell? What can you do to get the most money if you sell?
Brentwood Los Angeles Area Listings:
Below are some recent active listings in Brentwood. Check them out, or start your own search for active listings.
Brentwood Los Angeles Area Neighborhoods:
- Brentwood Circle – Brentwood Circle is the gated area just west of the 405 Freeway along the north side of Sunset. This area became gated in the 1990’s as a means of extra security for the nearby Getty Center which shares a back road through the neighborhood. Because it is guard-gated, several noted celebrities currently call this neighborhood home. The streets to the south of Sunset – Layton, Woodburn, & Gunston – are considered by many to be part of Brentwood Circle even though they are not guard-gated.
- Brentwood Park – Brentwood Park is Brentwood’s most exclusive neighborhood and arguably the most desired area west of the 405. Bordered by San Vicente to the south, Cliffwood to the east, 26th St. to the west, and Oakmont to the north, Brentwood Park features the largest and priciest homes in the area. In the first half of the 20th Century when most of these homes were built, they generally comprised 3,000 to 5,000 square feet. Today, the older homes are quickly being bought up and replaced with homes twice, sometimes three times the size. Many notable celebrities call Brentwood Park their home.
- Brentwood Flats - While not an official term, Brentwood Flats has become the popular name for the area that encompasses everything south of Sunset between Canyon View and Barrington. San Vicente Blvd – Brentwood’s main commercial thoroughfare – could be considered the heart of Brentwood Flats. The lot sizes are considerably larger than those in Brentwood Glen, although the majority fall under 10,000 square feet. However, Moreno and South Burlingame Avenues feature many custom homes on large lots up to 20,000 square feet. Additionally, almost all of Brentwood’s condo units are located within Brentwood Flats.
- Brentwood Glen – The Brentwood Glen, or ‘The Glen’ as locals call it, is located immediately west of the 405 and just south of Sunset Blvd. This jewel of a neighborhood features many quaint, traditional homes that are typically more modest and on smaller lots than what is typically found throughout Brentwood. As such, this remains one of the most affordable areas in Brentwood.
- Brentwood Hills - Brentwood Hills is another loosely defined area which includes the hillside homes north of Sunset off of Bundy, Kenter, and Mandeville Canyon Roads. Typically, residents don’t say they live in Brentwood Hills, they are generally more specific, like ‘Top of Kenter’ or ‘Up Westridge’. These homes generally have large lots, but often times the usable area is restricted because of various elevations. The fact that many of these homes are over a mile from Sunset makes many hillside homes more affordable than the Brentwood average and a great way to get into the community.
- Brentwood Polo Fields - Tucked along Allenford Drive just east of the Riviera Country Club and south of Sunset sits this most unassuming neighborhood of mostly one-story ranch style homes. Lately, however, this charming little enclave has become very popular with many of the older homes getting much needed face lifts. Its close proximity to Santa Monica and Pacific Palisades makes this an easily accessible area from all points on the Westside.
- Brentwood Sunset – Gated community north of San Vicente Blvd.
- Brentwood Terrace – Southwest edge of Brentwood, bounded by San Vicente Blvd, Montana Ave, the Brentwood Country Club, and Santa Monica’s 26th Street. Walking distance to the Brentwood Country Mart.
- Crestwood Hills - Includes a cluster of architecturally significant mid-century modern residences; located in the northern part of Kenter Canyon.Crestwood Hills contains several homes designated as architectural landmarks by the State of California. The homes were designed by A. Quincy Jones, and are featured in numerous magazines, articles, and books about mid-century modern housing. The community includes a park, pre-school, and homeowners’ association.
- Lower Kenter Canyon - Kenter Ave is a fairly flat road until you get past Kenter Canyon Elementary School where it starts to ascend quite rapidly. Lower Kenter also includes Homewood Rd, an idyllic street with larger homes and lots. Year in and year out, Homewood remains one of Brentwood’s most popular street.
- Mandeville Canyon - Mandeville Canyon Road is Brentwood’s longest street running nearly 5 miles from Sunset stopping just short of Mulholland. The area between Sunset and Chalon is called Lower Mandeville and everything beyond Chalon is Upper Mandeville. Mandeville has homes and lots of all shapes and sizes. In fact, this year alone there have been sales above $15 million and below $1 million. Typically, homes in Upper Mandeville are among the more affordable in Brentwood.
- Mountaingate - Popular, gated neighborhood atop the Santa Monica Mountains, North of Sunset, West of the 405, and just South of the Sepulveda Pass. The private Mountaingate Country Club features a golf course that winds down through the canyons and arroyos of the community. There are two golf courses, a par 70 and a par 71. There are 187 single family homes, and 130 townhouses. The townhouse communities are The Vista, The Terrace, and The Ridge. The single family homes are on Promontory, Canyonback, and Stoney Hill, and four homes on Mountain Crest Lane.
- Museum Heights – Contemporary condominiums, located off Sunset Blvd.
- Sullivan Canyon – Sullivan Canyon is Brentwood’s most rustic neighborhood. There is one way in and out – through Riviera Ranch off of Sunset. Sullivan Canyon might be Brentwood’s most picturesque, with large sycamores and oaks towering over an impressive collection of classic California-ranch style homes. This entire neighborhood is zoned for equestrian usage and even features its own riding ring. A late afternoon drive down Old Ranch Road should be a must for any Brentwood newcomer!
- Westgate - Directly to the east of Brentwood Park Westridge Hills Westridge Heights: Western portions of Mandeville Canyon
Brentwood Neighborhood Real Estate Agent