1. Use of Content – DouglasLagos.com is pleased to make its original content available under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, for non-commercial reproduction with credit to the source site. This license permits anyone to do the following with original DouglasLagos.com content, in any medium:
- a. To reproduce, remix, or otherwise alter original DouglasLagos.com site material so long as the logo is displayed and credit is given. This includes, specifically, permission:
- i. to reproduce quotes
- ii. to reproduce screenshots of any page of a DouglasLagos.com site
- iii. to include original DouglasLagos.com material in mash-ups, mixes, parodies, caricatures, etc… for movies, TV, print, or online
Important Note: This does not include the right to republish any of the Multiple Listing Service information, Realtor.com owned sites and content, Stanford Raffles Realty images from DL Site, for which DouglasLagos.com may not be the copyright holder, except in the context of a screenshot of the whole site. DouglasLagos.com makes no representations or guarantees about the suitability for third-party use of content that appears on the DouglasLagos.com sites, and licenses herewith only the content of which DouglasLagos.com is the copyright holder.
2. RSS Feeds – None at this time.
3. Web Syndication of DouglasLagos.com Content
- a. Internal links in the Site content must not be removed.
- b. The Site logo and/or URL should appear on each page displaying site content.
- c. The format or branding of the headlines, text and other information provided in the RSS feeds must not be modified.
- d. “More From…” links back to original Site at the end of each post must be included on content pages and may not be removed.
- a. Reproduction of screenshots from any Site is permissible, without prior written approval, so long as the site logo and URL is fully visible or otherwise included on the page. See above for general permissions on partial content.
- b. The Site logo and URL must appear prominently at the top of each section displaying site content.
- c. Content must be unedited, except for replacement of hyperlinks with full URLs and use of product manufacturer’s site links where appropriate.
- d. Images from a Site must not be used in print without you obtaining the appropriate copyright clearances yourself.
6. Corresponding with DouglasLagos.com - Any correspondence with the DL Site or with DouglasLagos.com, or submission of content to us, including any documentation or images, is considered property of DouglasLagos.com. DouglasLagos.com reserves the right to reproduce such content, in whole or in part, on any of the DL Site or its affiliates, and to use it in any way we choose, including sublicensing the content and allowing third parties to republish the material. In submitting something to us, you are representing that the content is yours to give to us, does not infringe on any third party’s rights – copyright, trademark, privacy rights and the like – and is not libelous or unlawful in any other way.
7. Comments – The comments sections on DL Site are accessible to users by invitation only (such invitations coming either from DouglasLagos.com editors directly or by referral from existing comment users). DouglasLagos.com’s comment user registration system has been designed so that, if the user so chooses, they can remain completely anonymous, even to us. DouglasLagos.com will not accept responsibility for information posted in the Comments. In order to make our comments useful and interesting, the following guidelines have been established for comment users:
- a. Do not post threatening, harassing, defamatory, or libelous material.
- b. Do not intentionally make false or misleading statements.
- c. Do not offer to sell or buy any product or service.
- d. Do not post material that infringes copyright or any other intellectual property interest.
- e. Do not post information that you know to be confidential or sensitive or otherwise in breach of the law.
- f. Keep all comments relevant to the particular DL Site where the comment is being posted.
- a. Material licensed from photographic archive and video vendors;
- b. Material supplied to our editors or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press purposes;
- c. Reader-submitted Material, with the implied representation that the person submitting the material owns the copyright in the material and the right to give it to us for use on DL Site(s);
- d. Material published on Flickr or other public photo / video sites with licenses granted under Creative Commons, with attribution in accordance with the Creative Commons license granted in each case;
- e. Material commissioned by DouglasLagos.com
- f. Material that we believe to be covered by the Fair Use Doctrine, taking into account factors such as:
- The purpose and character of the use (i.e. transformation from the original, use for criticism, satire or parody
- The nature of the copyrighted work (i.e. factual or newsworthy versus creative works)
- The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the whole (i.e. use of cropped, reduced, low-resolution Material used for no more than to convey the point made)
- The effect on the potential market for the copyrighted work (e.g. use that is not substitutive for the original, or would never be licensed in any event)
Please note that we will respond only to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The text of the Act can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site.
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by email with an attached and signed PDF or by fax) that sets forth the items specified below.
To enable us to address your concerns, please provide the following information:
- I. For each allegedly infringing image, video or piece of text that you wish to have removed from one of our sites, provide the exact permanent URL for the page containing the material.
- II. Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you: an email address is preferred, as well as a telephone contact number.
- III. For images, provide the following information detailing your claim to ownership of the copyright in the allegedly infringing image:
- IV. Proof of copyright in the image concerned, namely proof of registration of the Image under the DMCA; OR, absent such registration, a detailed description of where the photograph was taken, by whom, who or what the subject of the image is, and evidence to support your claim that you own the copyright in the image. We will not comply with requests to remove an image where the complainant cannot prove that they own the copyright in the image in question.
- V. Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- VI. Sign the document and email it to: douglas (AT) douglaslagos (DOT) com
Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that any material on our sites is infringing your copyrights.
Indeed, in a recent case a company that sent an infringement notification seeking removal of online materials that were protected by the Fair Use doctrine was ordered to pay such costs and attorneys` fees. The company agreed to pay over $100,000. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, we suggest that you first contact an attorney.
Please note that a copy of each legal notice we receive will be sent (with your personal information removed) to Chilling Effects for publication. You can see an example of such a publication here.
We also reserve the right to publish your letter on the DL Site(s).
10. External Links Disclaimer – DL Site routinely contain links to external, third party websites. By providing links to other sites, DouglasLagos.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to the DL Site in question.
DouglasLagos.com does not operate or control and has no responsibility for the information, products and/or services found on any external sites. Nor do such links represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, products and/or services provided on or through any external sites, including, without limitation, warranties of any kind, either express or implied, warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Visitors to DL Site assume complete responsibility and risk in their use of any external sites. Visitors should direct any concerns regarding any external link to its site administrator or webmaster.
11. General Disclaimer – The information, services, products, claims, and materials on this site are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. We disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to implied effectiveness of the ideas or success strategies listed on this site as well as those that are provided in our services. The only exception is the services and/or products listed under “17. * Eligibility Restrictions Apply”. Links to content on and quotation of material from other sites are not the responsibility of DouglasLagos.com.
Email sent to any of the DouglasLagos.com sites is considered our property. We will respect and protect anonymous sources as tipsters, but all correspondence is considered available for publication.
All DL Site are in compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. For more information on the legality of thumbnail usage of photographs, please download the 9th Circuit Court’s ruling in Kelly v. Arriba Soft Corp (July 7th 2003).
12. Information Security – DouglasLagos.com has technical, administrative and physical safeguards with third parties in place to help protect against unauthorized access to, use or disclosure of user information we maintain. Under our security practices and policies, access to personally identifiable information is authorized only for those who have a business need for such access, and sensitive records are to be retained only as long as necessary for business or legal needs and destroyed before disposal.
Although we work hard to protect personal information that we collect and store, no program is one hundred percent secure and we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use or disclose personal information.
If you become aware of a security issue, please email us at douglas (at) douglaslagos (dot) com. We will work with you to address any problems.
14. Stanford Raffles Realty - © 2013 Stanford Raffles Realty. All Rights Reserved. Stanford Raffles Realty fully supports the principles of the Fair Housing Act and the Equal Opportunity Act. The Stanford Raffles Realty Logo are registered service marks owned by Stanford Raffles Realty.
©2013 Stanford Raffles Realty® is a registered trademark licensed to Stanford Raffles Realty. An Equal Opportunity Company. Equal Housing Opportunity. Broker does not guarantee the accuracy of square footage, lot size or other information concerning the condition or features of property provided by seller or obtained from public records or other sources, and the buyer is advised to independently verify the accuracy of that information through personal inspection and with appropriate professionals.
15. Multiple Listing Service - Based on information from the Association of REALTORS®/Multiple Listing as of December 20, 2012. Display of MLS data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS. The Broker/Agent providing the information contained herein may or may not have been the Listing and/or Selling Agent.
16. Registration Information - The Personal Information you provide when you become a registered user or customer of the Site is used primarily to help us customize or enhance your or others’ online experience, increase the convenience of accessing new or existing tools, products and services, and, if applicable, provide the information, features, products and/or services you purchase or request. This Personal Information may also be shared among the Site to make use of the Site more convenient by, for example, limiting the number of times you have to register with us. Your email address serves as a unique identifier in our record system, and together with your password is designed to help us prevent unauthorized access to information you choose to store on the Site. The data you give us about your personal preferences and demographics (e.g., your age, ZIP code, occupation or the like) may be used to help us offer content, advertisements, products, and services that we believe will be of interest to you. In addition, we may share this information, in aggregate or other protected form or under confidentiality terms, with our current and potential advertisers and service providers so that they, or we, can present and deliver advertisements more effectively. If you forget your password for any registered area of the Site, we have an automated password recovery system, which can be accessed by clicking on the “Forgot Password?” link on the login page.
- Consumers: Unless you specify that you’d prefer not to hear from us, we may use the email address you provide at the time of registration to contact you for promotional or other purposes. You may have these communications terminated at any time by opting out through your member profile on the applicable Site, or by clicking on any “unsubscribe” link contained in a promotional email. Please be aware that opting out on one of our Sites, does not opt you out from any of our other Sites unless that option is specifically provided. If you would like to request to opt out with respect to all of the Sites please email each Site, (email address provided by each Site on their own promotional email), with your requests.
17. *Eligibility Restrictions Apply – Available for properties listed between $300,000-$1,499,999 and property owners that sign a one (1) year C.A.R. Residential Listing Agreement – Exclusive Authorization and Right to Sell – (C.A.R. Form RLA) with Douglas Lagos (Short Sale homes are subject to prior bank approval and may not qualify):
- Free 1-year Home Protection Plan is with American Home Shield FlexPlan Combo package with a value of up to $475. View plan coverage, options, coverage, trade service call fee, and contract at www.ahs.com.
- Free Home Staging Professional consultation is limited to a two (2) hour tour of your home and provide a written room-by-room Home Staging Report with recommendations of what you can do – using what you already have in the home. Value of up to $350. Home Staging (providing furniture, accessories, paintings, etc.) is not included, and may be contracted directly with the professional staging company.
- Free Home Inspection is for a general home inspection provided by a licensed professional. Homeowner’s written agreement is required before inspection is done.
*Eligibility Restrictions Apply – For properties listed at $1,500,000+, and property owners that sign a one (1) year C.A.R. Residential Listing Agreement – Exclusive Authorization and Right to Sell – (C.A.R. Form RLA) with Douglas Lagos, (Short Sale homes are subject to prior bank approval and may not qualify) the following apply:
- Free 1-year AHS Home Warranty Plan value of up to $900
- Free Home Staging Professional consultation up to three (3) hours
- Free Home Inspection is ofr a General Home, Central Heating & Air, Roof, Mold, and Sewer Line inspections provided by licensed professionals.
18. Listings – DL Site does not guarantee the availability of the listings. DL Site does not make guarantees as to the time it takes for a listing to sell, the likelihood, or duration for a listing to sell.
19. Market Volatility – DL Site is not liable for changes in the market that change conditions for buyers, sellers, or renters.
20. Governing Law, Arbitration and Jurisdiction - The laws of the United States and California (without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions) will govern the interpretation and resolution of any disputes involving this site. If any portion of this site is deemed unenforceable or illegal, that portion shall be deemed deleted and the rest of the site shall be deemed to survive. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts sitting in Los Angeles County, California in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the DL Site.
21. Douglas Lagos, REALTOR®, CA DRE# 01921046, Stanford Raffles Realty. 123 S Figueroa Street, Suite 108, Los Angeles CA 90012. Tel. (310) 463-8088.