Westwood CA is a neighborhood in the northern central portion of the Westside of Los Angeles, California, United States. It is the home of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Westwood is bordered by Brentwood on the west, Bel-Air on the north, Century City and Beverly Hills on the east, West Los Angeles on the southwest, Rancho Park on the southeast, and Sawtelle on the south and southwest. The district’s boundaries are generally considered to be Olympic Boulevard on the southeast, the city limits of Beverly Hills on the northeast, and Sunset Boulevard on the north; its southwestern boundary is the San Diego Freeway between Olympic and Wilshire boulevards, and Veteran Avenue between Wilshire and Sunset.
History of Westwood CA
Westwood CA was developed on the lands of the historic ‘Wolfskill Ranch’, a 3,000-acre (12 km2) parcel that was purchased by Arthur Letts, the successful founder of the Broadway, and Bullock’s department stores, in 1919. Upon Arthur Lett’s death, his son-in-law, Harold Janss, vice president of Janss Investment Company, inherited the land and developed the area and started advertising for new homes in 1922. The Los Angeles Times reported the news: “Westwood, the subdivision of the Wolfskill Ranch, 3,300 acres (13 km2) of scenic territory between the city and Santa Monica, is to be opened to homeseekers and investors today by the Janss Investment Company. The tract comprises approximately 1000 residential and business lots, situated west of the Los Angeles Country Club on Santa Monica Boulevard and the Rancho Country Club on Pico Boulevard.”
Many of the area’s permanent residents, live in high-rise apartment buildings and, in Holmby Hills, some of the most luxurious single-family houses in Los Angeles. Single-family homes tend to be east and southeast of UCLA, particularly in the areas behind the Church of Jesus Crist of Latter-day Saints (Mormon-LDS) temple. Housing in the portion of the district bounded by Sepulveda, Santa Monica, Westwood, and Wilshire Boulevards is mostly low- or medium-rise apartment buildings catering to upscale young professionals, as well as some UCLA students. Most UCLA students in Westwood, however, live in the hilly area of low-rise apartments between Veteran Avenue and the campus’ western boundary or South of Wilshire. (Westwood North Village is the main region in which students dwell.)
Experienced Real Estate Agent for Buyers and Sellers:
Click images above to view in larger size.
- 19+ Years Marketing Experience.
- 10+ Years Buying & Selling Homes.
- Accredited Real Estate Professional designation.
- Coldwell Banker Residential Brentwood Premier Office designation.
- Realtor® Certified Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource Agent SFR.
- Certified HAFA Specialist CHS. The most important Short Sale program in the Nation.
- Certified Military Housing Specialist CMHS.
- Specialty in First-Time Homebuyers and Sellers.
Realtor Services include:
- For Sellers – *Free 1-year Home Protection Plan, *free Home Staging Professional consultation, and *free General Home Inspection by a licensed professional. *Eligibility restrictions. Free Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). Proven Social Media & Marketing. Coldwell Banker sells the most in Southern California. Step by step guidance on the selling process, closing costs, pro-rated taxes, escrow, etc. I personally do all open houses, and meet all buyers for showings. I am personally involved in every single step of your selling process.
- Buyers – Specialty in First-Time Homeowners. Assist in finding the right home and step-by-step guidance through the home buying process. View as many homes as you need, until you find the right home to buy. Step by step guidance on what to expect during the buying process, house evaluation worksheet, closing costs, property taxes, financial information, escrow, and more.
- Affiliation with Coldwell Banker Residential, the top producing real estate brokerage, #1 in market share, representing 3 out of every 5 high-end homes in the nation and 106 years of innovation.
- His specialty is the Los Angeles Westside: Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica, Brentwood, Beverly Hills, Bel Air, Culver City, El Segundo, Malibu, Marina Del Rey, Mar Vista, Palms, Playa Del Rey, Playa Vista, Venice, Westchester, and Westwood. Very knowledgeable in the greater Los Angeles area, including the San Fernando Valley communities.
Douglas was raised in the Orlando, FL area. He is an Air Force Veteran.
Douglas is an active member of the National Association of Realtors® (NAR), the California Association of Realtors® (CAR), and the Beverly Hills/Greater Los Angeles Association of Realtors® (BHGLAAR).
westwood ca real estate agent
Douglas would be pleased to work with you in finding the right Westwood CA home to buy, or selling your current Westwood CA property. Contact Douglas online via the website form, call or text to 310-463-8088. Read more about me.